Wednesday 16 November 2016

Look After your Lady Parts!

From the title, you’ll probably gather just what this blog is about, but don’t be frightened boys, share this with the ladies in your lives; your Mum, wife, sister, cousins and friends – look after your loved ones.

Yesterday, I had a smear test, these aren’t fun or comfortable, physically or socially (no matter how casual a conversation about getting your mobility scooter on a train is – this is a weird procedure!).
I had meant to have one last year and simply just kept forgetting to book it, only to be annoyed when Carrie (my code name of my periods – yes referencing the horror movie) arrived. It suddenly occurred to me last month that I was the same age as a close family member was when they had pre-cancerous cells in their cervix – terrifying!

I’d made a specific appointment for the smear test; it wasn’t my first, but I knew it was the necessary evil. We’ve all read the stories of women with female cancers getting younger and younger, which is why I cannot fathom why the first smear test,  for any women, isn’t taken until they’re 25. There are people protesting for the age to be lowered to 18 or 21 and I agree, but on the flip side, I know ladies in their 30, 40’s and 50’s who have ignored the test offer letters including those who’ve had children.

Please don’t  ignore them, ladies, cervical cancer is a silent killer with all too subtle symptoms; unusual bleeding, constipation, back pain, swollen legs and lack of energy – show me a woman who doesn’t have at least one of these symptoms weekly or at least during their period.

Borrowed from Radiant Health Magazine


The nurse or doctor administering your test has seen many many vagina’s and are not fazed;  even if you turn a shade of scarlet, shake like a leaf and have a 70’s do down there, the medical professionals do not care, the only thing they care about is your health – as should you, above any embarrassment!

Also, please look after your breasts, boobs, puppies, baps – whatever you call them (this goes out to you too gentlemen – yes your breasts can kill you too – the bastards!) Use the Coppa Feel Guide below to check your beautiful boobies and if you have any changes at all that worry you, get a loved one to check too and then go and see your GP – the quicker anything nasty is caught, the better!

Borrowed from CoppaFeel


Until Next Wednesday!
L xxx

***************
For more information go to these websites;




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com