Sunday 24 June 2012

The Big Weekend Part 1

Unfortunately my title is not in reference to the huge Hackney Big Weekend currently rocking London as I write. I’m referring to the first weekend in June. Granted it was Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee but I had my own celebrations!

After Clare’s Hen do there was of course her wedding to the lovely Matt! The wedding was being held at The Manor in Rainham – a hotel restaurant set in the beautiful Essex Countryside - also hidden from most Sat Nav’s as we later found!.

Helen and I had paid for our good friend Lauren to be Clare’s make-up artist - I’d like to think a make-up artist is a girl 2nd best friend after the diamond of course! Lauren also doubled as my transport as Mike couldn’t come (his work schedule was too unpredictable and they couldn’t hold a seat for him at the wedding breakfast).

The Manor was a beautiful little hotel; the staff were helpful and friendly the venue itself was clean, modern and light.

The ceremony was set in the hotel gardens with 25 guests attending, although over cast the rain held off and it was short, incredibly sweet and at points very funny! I was immensely proud to be one of the witnesses on their marriage certificate – forever held in their history.

Time for the speeches, cake cutting and the wedding breakfast – I have to say the latter was where The Manor excelled themselves! I’m a well documented foodie – hence my membership to Weight Watchers and this meal was one of the best I’ve had – a perfect hollandaise sauce over asparagus and poached eggs, individual beef wellington’s that were still slightly pink inside with a rich pate smothered around the meat all packed in a delicious puff pastry case and dessert was a raspberry cheese cake in fruit coulis. The meal was finished with tea’s. Coffee and strawberry’s dipped in white and milk chocolate and decorated to look like tuxedos.

The rest of the day went perfectly.


The Smiths


The next day Clare and Matt held and afternoon reception in Wat Tyler Country Park. They’d hired one of the barns for a very chilled lunch reception. With a small bar, a huge buffet and a P.A system everyone chatted & laughed whilst the children played with bubbles and ate gingerbread men dressed as brides and grooms.

Another wonderful success of a day – Huge Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Smith (and Jake!)

L x

1 comment:

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com