Thursday 26 April 2012

Battleships and Bad Chicken


Wednesday of our last week here was Anzac day; a national holiday originally celebrated to honor members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in the Ottoman Empire during World War I.  In more recent times Anzac day is used to commemorate all soldiers who’ve lost their lives in battle.

So Tuesday became an honorary Friday, so I met up with my cousin Andrew for Sushi at a restaurant call Ginga on the South Bank. I’ve not eaten rice in so long (it’s weight watchers equivalent of the devil) I didn’t eat much, but the avocado, salmon and tuna rolls I ate were  fresh and mouthwatering.

Having time to kill before Mike got out of work Andrew and I nipped next door from Ginga to the Cineplex cinema where we watching Battleship starring Liam Neeson and Rihanna. A typical Alien invasion movie; think Abyss, crossed with Transformers – done  with heaps of stereotypes and cheesy one liners – I would suggest waiting to watch it on DVD or Netflix.

Just as the film finished Mike arrived and we went to find a coffee house whilst we waited for Andrews’s friend LJ to turn up and join us for dinner. They met through skydiving and spoke about it all evening – talk about rubbing it in, I’ve been so tempted to skydive here and ignore the medical advice I’ve had against it – sadly the advice won!

Any Stephen Fry fans like me know that if Mr Fry hates a book or small business he will not review it publically so as to spare people’s feelings. I am the same; I have no problem outing big productions, multi franchised businesses and government services as dud’s but I hate the thought of personally upsetting a person/family/small project.  Too soft I suppose.

So I will not name and shame the family run restaurant we went to that evening; just a small piece of; common sense driven advice for any eatery – don’t serve a “chicken breast” full of veins, arteries, bone and served undercooked!

Seeing as we would be leaving in three day’s; Andrew and I said our Goodbye’s hoping that it wouldn’t be another 13 years before we see each other. Mike and Andrew have made plans to meet up when Mike comes back (once again!!) and I hate to think what that “boy’s night out” will end up!

What goes on tour stays on tour – this is probably best!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com