Saturday 31 December 2011

Onwards and Upwards



Hello!

I know I’ve disappeared from Ladygogo land this last fortnight, predictably the main reason for this was Christmas – my favourite time of year! I was making up for being so depressed last year. I don’t actually remember buying, wrapping and enjoying the festive period of 2010 until the day itself – very unlike me. But this year I almost drowned in mulled wine, have gained at last half a stone in cheese and party food, have carefully chosen and wrapped all my gifts and Christmas day was a gloriously mad day surrounded by the Ellard brood and Mike who’s arrived back from New Zealand on the 23rd.

I’m now in Sussex for Christmas II with the Garrick clan, no less glorious or fun, will gain yet another half a stone in cheese and probably embarrass myself playing Articulate and Trivial Pursuit – luckily this is my 6th Sussex Christmas so they’re well aware of my Christmas related habits.

As I write this there are a mere 13 hours until 2012 begins… New Zealand is already there. As always I love to contemplate the year past and plan for the one ahead.

2011 was governed by the safety and arrival of three special packages into the Ellard fold. It’s been a battle and yet totally necessary. I am in complete admiration of my parents, they have a hard 18 years ahead of them and subsequently the entire family do so too. But when the youngest precious package told me over the phone yesterday that not only was he playing with his “Race-ing caaars!” that he “loved me” - my heart melted and the struggle seemed worth it.

Other 2011 highlights included Australia in January, Centre Parks, Butlin’s and Spain followed. The baby boom of 2010 of course resulted in a succession of 1st Birthday Parties including my beautiful Niece Beth sharing her day with her Mummy’s 30th and her Daddy’s 40th in a giant Summer bash. The two very messy hen do's were great fun, I had a ball at Leanne's and Kit's and sadly missed Jo and Jon's due to a suspected heart attack, which was actually just a chest infection - such drama, wouldn't be a complete year without it! 

Can you guess what/where is it yet?


Family Reunion :)

In Spain

Mike’s career seems to be on the up he’s been to Australia, New Zealand, Holland, America, Spain with stop over’s in Hong Kong, L.A and Singapore this has resulted in him being away for 222 days this year – I thought I was being pathetic missing him as much as I have turns out there was a good reason – I’m hoping to see more of him in 2012 lol!

Apart from my own health issue’s getting worse I can’t really complain about the last 12 months, I was lucky not to lose anyone special and my loved ones continue to stay happy and healthy.

As for the new year I want to write, travel, see more of the people I love, start saying no to those I don’t, finish decorating our flat, read more, cook more and maybe feel better via new therapies I plan on trying, since conventional medicine is doing bugger all for me!

I wish all of my readers, old and new; a fabulous new year filled with fun, great health, less pain, mystery and more excitement.

Have a brilliant New Years Eve where ever you are, eat be merry and come back soon!

L x

3 comments:

  1. Sod the old. Welcome the new with renewed vigour and grab the problems by the horns as they appear. 2012 obviously means different things to different folk but with family, and friends like you lot, bring it on! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite sayings is "tomorrow will be a better day" it's always helped me when I've been feeling a bit crappy.

    New years are great for new starts, clean slates and so forth, so hope you a fantastic year; enough to forget the one thats past, the one we can't change.

    Love Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, you inspire me so much! I hope you will manage to do everything you want in 2012 and much more! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com