Monday 9 August 2010

Introduction

Hi,
I'm 26 from Southend, Essex, UK. I live with my boyfriend Mike, a Unit Manager on oil rigs, in our cosy 1 bed flat. I have a great family, lots of wonderful friends and a thirst for the new or different in life!

I have created this blog as a venting site for my thoughts but also to help other disabled young people like myself and local businesses and projects I am/or will be involved in.

I'm not going to be one of those annoying happy clappy, disabled rights activists. As much as I, and many others try to deny it, our disabilities, in my opinion, do define us to a degree. Whether we like it or not people first see the wheelchair/scooter/walking sick/white stick etc. and judge on that. I do it myself, curiosity is natural and first impressions always count. Ignorance on the other hand can be helped. I will, over time recount stories of damn right stupidity as we go.

So that's me, or a simple outline to a complex and possibly annoying blogger.... we'll see...

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com